Thursday, June 4, 2009

patella femoral pain syndrome

Patello femoral pain syndrome (PFPS) is an extremely common condition, covering a range of usually vague symptoms of pain ‘in’, ‘under’ or ‘behind’ the kneecap.
and yes I am suffering from it.
I got injured 2 years ago while playing football and my knee has bothered me since then but i never really paid any attention to it. 2 nights ago I woke up in the middle of my sleep because of intense pain in my left knee and spend the entire night at the hospital. Got my MRI's, Xrays done and finally found out I have PFPS. What basically is happening is that there is extra pressure between the patella and the femur during knee flexion and there is friction between the two which causes pain.
For now therapy and NSAID's will do but if it isn't resolved I might require surgery which could be the coolest thing that will happen to me in quite some time :P

2 comments:

Eminu said...

Hahaha. Good luck for it then.

average said...

thank you i guess:P