Friday, September 25, 2009

it's a struggle but we breathe it out as we please

Remember the times when you were young and your mom would come wake you up in the morning. First, sweetly, then a little more sternly and then finally when she would notice you had slipped the comforter back on your face she would shout and say "get out of bed". Those simple words held promises of a brighter day ahead. A fun filled school day, chance to learn something new everyday!

I still remember the football practices where we would run 10 rounds in the scorching heat and collapse on the ground with sweat trickling down our eyes and staring at the sun wondering if we'd ever be able to move again when miss sadia would shout "get off the floor" that meant it was time for a match. Again signs of joy. I didn't love anything more than being on the football field. Playing! It was the best I felt in my life!

And now as i was packing up my first and second year books I lay on the floor for hours wondering who'd pick me up. Who'd tel me to get off my butt and start facing it all? I waited for hours. I have no idea why.. Finally i whispered to myself. "it's time to get off the floor".. it's a struggle, but we breathe it out as we sleep.. I'm breathing, I'm living.. I'm trying!

2 comments:

Ubaid said...

do you like studying?

average said...

yeh I do.. I guess. It takes or rather keeps my mind off a lot of things :s